Sign in to follow this  
chenyong

how to show hierarchy of uvm_top in simvion

Hi,

when I use simvision to open the project, I can only find an uvm_top under worklib.uvm_pkg of DesignBrower and there is no other low level show belw uvm_top. How can I show all level of hierarchy of uvm_top in simvision? Thankls

chen yong

My guess - you are looking at time-0 view. Run for 1 ns and then see. Recall that all SV class objects are created after time-0 in simulation. Ideally a "testbench view" in a debugger should pop-up after start_of_simulation_phase - any EDA vendor doing it automatically, anyone?

Regards

Ajeetha, CVC

www.cvcblr.com/blog

Hi Ajeetha,

thanks for your reply. I have finished the total simulation and use simvision to open the waves/designBrower, which doesn't seem to be a time-0 problem. I don't know why there isn't a "+" in front of the uvm_top so that I can't check the hierarchy. Thanks.

Then you are looking for "transaction recording" feature, check CDN documentation on how to enable the same. Usually testbench debug is more interactively done (while the sim is running) than in the post-process mode.

Regards

Ajeetha, CVC

www.cvcblr.com/blog

in order to use transaction recording into simvision you have to check the following:

1. running with the cadence supplied version of uvm which has the right adapter between simvision and uvm in place

2. you have to set the config variable recording_detail to something>0, there are multiple ways to do that. a simple path is at the tcl prompt "uvm_set -config '*' recording_detail 1", there is a button, you can code it, you can do this on the cmdline

3. (ensure you set the recording_detail right in the beginning (during run_phase its too late)

4. you will see the fiber hierarchy once transactions are being created/sent

regards

/uwe