Sign in to follow this  
smallnokia

Default phase sequence for phases in sequencer

I am new in UVM world :)

When I print my topology in start_of_simulation, I see some information that I don't quite understand:

[PHASESEQ] No default phase sequence for phase 'run/pre_reset/reset/post_reset/pre_configure/configure/post_configure/main/...."

1. Does it mean that I didn't set default sequence for my sequencer ?

2. Is there any problem if I don't set default sequence?

3. If I use "sequece.start(sequencer,xx,xx,xx)" in testcase , is it equal to set default sequence?

Anybody can help my questions? Thanks a lot :)

1. You may set a default sequence for each run-time phase. This message is generated for each phase that didn't find one.

2. No, the message is an info only (you've probably set UVM_VERBOSITY too high for normal usage).

3. It is similar but there are some differences. For example, the sequencer sets "starting_phase" variable in the sequence if it starts it as a default_sequence.

Hi Jadec,

Thank you very much. Yes I set the UVM_VERBOSITY to highest in order to better understanding what's happenning.

Best wishes,

1. You may set a default sequence for each run-time phase. This message is generated for each phase that didn't find one.

2. No, the message is an info only (you've probably set UVM_VERBOSITY too high for normal usage).

3. It is similar but there are some differences. For example, the sequencer sets "starting_phase" variable in the sequence if it starts it as a default_sequence.