Jump to content

iperryman

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Thanks ... I ran into this problem as well with clang++ Any known issues with mixing SystemC compiled in clang++ and uvm-systemc compiled in g++? Or should I recompile my SystemC install as well? Thanks, Ian
  2. iperryman

    IEEE 1685-2014 and TGI.WSDL specification

    Any update on this? I could not find any TGI related information in the 2014 directories. Thanks, Ian
  3. iperryman

    validating xml files

    Thank you Richard With your feed back I was able to validate the file. I understand that the section of the document is "informative". However, I believe the spirit of the Annex is to provide a worked example. Perhaps the committee will find a place to publish the examples (and corrections to them). I have attached the "repaired" version of the file which does validate for anyone else who happens to fall down this rabbit hole. Best regards, Ian rtl_test.xml
  4. iperryman

    validating xml files

    I am new to XML and new to IP-XACT, so please forgive me for this newbie question. I want to create some IP-XACT from a tool. I want to ensure that this output is valid according to your schema. I think the tool to use is xmllint. So before I went and tried to write code that will generate IP-XACT XML, I tried to do validate the examples that are in the recent spec for IP-XACT IEEE Std 1685-2014. I downloaded the spec and extracted the first example from Annex I on pages 471- 473. I saved the example in my home directory as "~/xml_fun/rtl_test.xml". I have attached it below. I then tried to use xmllint to validate the file: xmllint --format --pretty 1 --load-trace --debug --schema "http://www.accellera.org/XMLSchema/IPXACT/2.0/index.xsd"~/xml_fun/rtl_test.xml Which failed like this: Loaded URL="http://www.accellera.org/XMLSchema/IPXACT/2.0/index.xsd"ID="(null)" http://www.accellera.org/XMLSchema/IPXACT/2.0/index.xsd:92:parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: link line 46 and head </head> ^ http://www.accellera.org/XMLSchema/IPXACT/2.0/index.xsd:117:parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: img line 117 and a ra.png" border="0" alt="Accellera Systems Initiative" class="img-responsive"></a etc. So I downloaded the xsd files from the web an stored them in a local folder (/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLSchema). I tried again: xmllint --format --pretty 1 --load-trace --debug --schema /tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/index.xsd ~/xml_fun/rtl_test.xml This time the schema is loaded as far as I can tell: Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/index.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/busDefinition.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/identifier.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/simpleTypes.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/autoConfigure.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/xml.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/subInstances.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/commonStructures.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/port.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/constraints.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/signalDrivers.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/file.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/fileType.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/generator.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/component.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/busInterface.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/abstractionDefinition.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/memoryMap.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/model.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/design.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/designConfig.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/catalog.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/tools/ip-xact/2014/XMLschema/abstractor.xsd" ID="(null)" Loaded URL="/home2/iperryman/xml_fun/rtl_test.xml" ID="(null)" But it still fails: /home2/iperryman/xml_fun/rtl_test.xml:8: element abstractionDefinition: Schemas validity error : Element '{http://www.accellera.org/XMLSchema/IPXACT/2.0}abstractionDefinition':No matching global declaration available for the validation root. /home2/iperryman/xml_fun/rtl_test.xml fails to validate Can you tell me if this is the expected method for validating code. If so, then is there something wrong with the example in the spec, and if not, what is the normal way to validate that generated code conforms to the schema. Thanks, Ian rtl_test.xml
×