Error : no matching function for call to SC_start

hadjer

Bonjours,

I am new to systemC and i have ubuntu 12.04 and systemc 2.3

I was trying to run this example code from this link but there is an error I cant resolve.

Can you please help. This is the errors I get.

test_shift.cpp:51:16: error: no matching function for call to `sc_start(int)' test_shift.cpp:51:16: note: candidates are: /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:106:13: note: void sc_core::sc_start() /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:106:13: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:173:17: note: void sc_core::sc_start(const sc_core::sc_time&, sc_core::sc_starvation_policy) /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:173:17: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from `int' to `const sc_core::sc_time&' /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:109:13: note: void sc_core::sc_start(int, sc_core::sc_time_unit, sc_core::sc_starvation_policy) /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:109:13: note: candidate expects 3 arguments, 1 provided /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:115:13: note: void sc_core::sc_start(double, sc_core::sc_time_unit, sc_core::sc_starvation_policy) /usr/local/systemc/include/sysc/kernel/sc_simcontext.h:115:13: note: candidate expects 3 arguments, 1 provided make: *** [test_shift.o] Error 1

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried the example from that page:

http://comelec.enst..../test_shift.tgz

It compiles and runs fine in my case. ( 64bit CentOS6.2 and SystemC 2.3.0, gcc 4.4.2)

Did you install SystemC 2.3.0 correctly?

After untarring I edited this line in the Makefile to point to my SystemC 2.3.0 install

SYSTEMC = /home/ginov/Desktop/systemc-2.3.0_install/

Next type gmake , it makes simulation.x

Which you can run with

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path to your SystemC lib> ./simulation.x

Could you check your SystemC 2.3.0 installation?

Best regards,

Gino

Hi,

I looked again at that webpage.

I guess you copied the text from the webpage, which is wrong, and didn't use the tar file:

sc_start(1);

which should be

sc_start(1,SC_NS);

This causes the compile error you see. So please correct these 2 sc_start() calls.

In the tar file it is correct.

Best regards,

Gino