- Submitted: Jul 10 2012 07:46 PM
- Last Updated: Apr 04 2016 09:18 PM
- File Size: 38.69MB
- Views: 13810
- Downloads: 3,266
- 23 Aug 2015 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.5.1
- 27 Jul 2015 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.5
- 16 Dec 2014 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.4.4
- 13 Aug 2014 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.4.2
- 26 May 2014 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.4
- 04 Dec 2013 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.3
- 19 Aug 2013 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.2.3
- 30 May 2013 UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.2.2
- 10 Jul 2012 UVM ML
Download UVM-ML Open Architecture version 1.65 Votes
UVM UVM-ML Multi-Language Verification
UVM-ML Open Architecture - version 1.6
Enabling Multi-Language and Multi-Framework Verification
Universal Verification Methodology Multi-Language (UVM-ML) provides a modular solution for integrating verification components written in different languages into a unified and coordinated verification environment. It consists of an open source library that enables such integrations, and can be extended to support additional languages and methodologies.
This release of the UVM-ML implementation is the result of collaboration work between Advance Micro Devices, Inc., and Cadence Design Systems, Inc. It expands on the mature technology provided by Cadence in Incisive and in previous UVM-ML postings on UVMWorld. It is provided as open source under the Apache 2.0 license.
This distribution includes the following main elements
- Backplane implementation and API
- Example frameworks and adapters (three provided: UVM-SV, UVM-e, and UVM-SC)
- Several demos and high level examples (showing all frameworks interacting) and a few smaller feature examples (tests)
- Docs directory with a Reference manual, User Guide and reference HTML docs
This UVM-ML package is intended to serve as a basis for the verification community to collaboratively expand and evolve the multi-language verification methodology. Please read the “Status, Use, and Disclaimers” section below for full details.
Where to Find Information
- Where to start reading: point your web browser to ml/README.html
The landing page provides links to installation directions, release notes, user guide, and more.
- For feedback or questions: send email to email@example.com
- An easy installation and Setup video guide is available here
- You can checkout the update of David I. Long form Doulos at DVCon 2016 in the US. It relates to UVM-ML (along with other updates).
- Multi-Language Verification Environment—Getting First Run in Few Minutes
- Multi-Language Verification Environment (#2) – Passing Items on TLM Ports, Using UVM ML
- Multi-Language Verification Environment (#3) – Connecting UVM Scoreboard to a Multi-Language Environment
- Multi-Language Verification Environment (#4)—Multi-Language Hierarchy
- Debugging Multi-Language Verification Environments
This release of UVM-ML should run on any simulator supporting one or more of the standard languages: IEEE 1800 (SystemVerilog), IEEE 1647 (e), and IEEE 1666 (SystemC). It was tested on the Linux operating system with various combinations of simulators and languages.
UVM-ML Open Architecture: Status, Use, and Disclaimers
This section provides guidance and status regarding the use of the UVM Multi Language Open Architecture solution.
The UVM-ML Open Architecture package is an open source solution, developed jointly by AMD and Cadence. We welcome feedback including suggestions for improvements. For any feedback or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Use and Disclaimers:
- Licensing: This package is an open source library, protected under the Apache license (see legal clause at the bottom).
- Access: This package is available as early access to the verification community, and therefore changes to its content and behavior should be expected.
- Backward compatibility cannot be guaranteed. Changes are expected to take place when the verification community jointly refines the solution, to fit user requirements. We will aim, however, to provide help in adjusting to changes.
- Quality: this package is still under development. It is being tested and regressed with all active versions of Incisive and with the Accellera OSCI simulator before being released. The user needs to be aware of the simulator version on which the solution is tested. AMD tested the open source solution on other commercial simulators. Issues reported to AMD and Cadence will be addressed.
- Standardization: This package is not a standard. However, it is available as open source to all potential users.
- Support: Since this is not a product, it does not have a committed level of product support. We will provide help via the UVMWorld community on Accellera where the source code is posted. For Cadence customers, Cadence will provide direct support as needed.
What's new in each version
For the full listing and more details please see the release-notes.txt file at the top of the release package.
Please note that the items in red might require some changes on the user's side while upgrading to this version, please read these items carefully in the release notes.
- Fully qualified with IES versions 14.2,15.1 and 15.2.
- UVM-SV 1.2 is now fully supported (please read RELEASE_NOTES.txt under ml directory for more details).
- When working with Incisive 15.2, the user can take some steps in order to skip compiling the e part of the adapter (this might be important for users that compile other
e code on top of Specman, like VIP). The steps are documented in the UVM-ML OA user guide under:
"Linking the Specman UVM-e Adapter From Incisive Version 15.2 On".
- OSCI 2.3.1 is now supported instead of OSCI 2.3, meaning that the supported OSCI versions are: 2.3.1 and 2.2.
- gcc 4.8.3 is now supported
- Fully qualified with IES versions 14.1,14.2 and 15.1.
- Early adopters UVM-SV 1.2 support for IES (please read RELEASE_NOTES.txt under ml directory for more details).
- UVM-ML tcl commands are now available from Specman with all supported simulators.
- UVM-ML tcl commands are renamed (they all start with uvm_ml prefix, followed by a space and the command name, e.g uvm_ml print_tree). The old names are still supported.
- Pre-compiled UVM-SC parts for IES were eliminated.
- Examples are enhanced and extended.
- Updated the Backplane API version number.
- New debug commands in IES to print the UVM-ML tree, port connections, and port registrations.
- Brand-new documentation including User Guide, Reference Manual and more.
- Support for IES reset in UVM-ML environment.
- Support for sharing uvm_events and uvm_barriers between UVM-SV and UVM-SC.
- Support for +UVM_TESTNAME in all simulators and languages.
- Passing tlm_generic_payload transactions via analysis ports.
- Several ASI SystemC enhancements: Automated synchronization, ML-registering of SC TLM2 sockets.
- Reorganized examples to make them more useful.
- Enhanced and simplified installation and setup.
- Fully qualified with IES versions 13.2, 14.1, and 14.2.
- "Phase Debug" feature, for setting breakpoints at the beginning or end of UVM-ML phases (see the Integrator User Guide for details). Currently this works only for IES.
- Added support for the generic UVM SV syntax, uvm_config_db#(T), so that it now works also for ML configuration
- Improved the way to run the demo examples and to learn how to run UVM-ML
- Reduced the amount of ML enabling modifications introduced into the local version of UVM-SV (1.1d), by enhancing the UVM-SV adapter implementation
- The e macro uvm_ml_stub_unit now directly sets unit attributes hdl_path() and agent(), thus saving the user a need to add auxiliary string fields
- Improved the handling of UVM-ML bitness (once users select 32 or 64 bit mode, the library and all examples will run in that mode)
- Enhanced sequence layering capabilities
- Enhanced the test_env.csh script to provide more validity testing of the user's environment and to provide better suggestions how to fix issues
- irun_uvm_ml.*.f option files were reorganized (including a name change): IES irun invocation options were grouped into several option files, reflecting the usage context, and adding comments to clarify their meaning
- This release might require some changes on the user's code while upgrading to this version, see details in the release_notes.txt”
- Fully qualified with IES version 14.1
- Enables usage of Cadence UVM extensions on top of UVM-ML OA
- Support for UVM ML configuration tracing on the SV side, activated by the +UVM_CONFIG_DB_TRACE command-line option
- Added new backplane API functions enabling the time notification (wakeup) service and updated the backplane API version number
- Updated the sequence layering examples. The code is simplified and type conversion using mltypemap is demonstrated
- Eliminated the UVM SV warnings
- Mechanism to recognize whether OSCI was compiled with pthreads and compile the custom sc_simcontext.cpp accordingly
- New examples showing basic TLM communication
- Default installation is 32bit instead of 64bit
- Setup and install scripts renamed
- UVM-SC has been updated with a standalone phase controller that can run through the common and UVM phases. In addition user defined schedules, which can be synchronized with the standard UVM phases, are supported as well.
- Enhanced UVM-SC to support run_test() in the SC-standalone mode (not collaborating with other frameworks)
- Methodology and examples for sequence layering across languages
- Enhancements in how unified hierarchy works
- Support for uvm-1.1d (in place of uvm-1.1c)
- Addition of a portable UVM-SC adapter.
- Simulator independent and tested to run on several simulators
- Architected to be highly modular and extensible
- A new architecture providing a Backplane that connects Frameworks (where Frameworks can be of different languages or methodologies)
- Three examples of language frameworks are provided: UVM-SV, UVM-e, UVM-SC
- Enables creating a unified hierarchy of components of different frameworks
- Multi-Language configuration
- Support of TLM1 and TLM2 communication between all the provided frameworks
- Enhanced synchronization of test phases and delegation of phasing control to a designated framework
Other files you may be interested in ..
Jan 26 2015 08:53 AM
Jul 29 2013 07:25 AM
Sep 09 2012 03:59 PM
Apr 22 2012 01:26 PM
Jul 26 2010 04:23 AM
May 25 2010 11:32 PM
- 51 Total Files
- 5 Total Categories
- 33 Total Authors
- 43,606 Total Downloads
- SMTDV make your test env more smart Latest File
- funningboy Latest Submitter
1 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users